Anchorage Museum of History and Art
||David Chipperfield Architects / Kumin Associates
|Facade Design & Supply
||Architectural Wall Systems Co. / Commercial Contractors Inc.
Overgaard’s Scope / Project Info
- 6,000m² silk screen IGU in a unitised curtain wall.
- 6,000m² laminated glass units.
- Mirrored frit on the number #2 surface of the outboard lite that:
- creates a reflective appearance from the exterior;
- creates a non-reflective clear anodized appearance from the interior;
- results in reflection, transparency and shading.
- Curtain wall features integrated automatic roller blinds that adjust to the sun.
- Curtain wall fully tested in a Construction Research Laboratory (CRL).
- Date of Completion: February 2008.
Download: Project Information [PDF]